Menu

 photo home_zpsecd5b429.jpg  photo our-story_zps2f12829c.jpg  photo ministries_zps3878091c.jpg

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Currently... Dying To Self

You know how we talk about starting fresh every day, taking up our cross, putting our selfishness aside and following Jesus? Yeah, That. Over the past week it has taken on a totally different meaning. Yes, I've felt like I've done this in the past, but there's always something that I've held onto for my own selfish reasons not even realizing that it's not mine to hold onto. It's ALL God! It's ALL about God! All of it! Lord, I pray that you will reveal the areas where I am selfish, help me to be a converted saint & not a convicted sinner, help me, my hubs & my children to hear from you like we never have before & most of all may we bring you glory in it all and lead people to you.

YWAM Week 1:

Family Night with our Trailblazers ~ Games, Food & Campfire Worship
Worship in The Prayer Room
Orientation with our family of 1500+
Where are your passions, dreams, sphere of influence?
Thursday Night Worship


Currently...

appreciating ~ neighbors who share their extra fans (it's a tad humid here/no AC)

watching ~ my children make new friends from all around the world

reading ~ my bible

laughing ~  when there's 6 people in our 1 bathroom

eating ~ in a huge outdoor cafeteria (Church camp style)

attempting ~ to figure out our new schedule


dreaming ~ of sharing Jesus with people who have never heard the name 'Jesus'

planning ~ to buy stock in sunscreen or full body swimwear 

wondering ~ what God stories I'll be able to tell in 20 years

brainstorming ~ creative things to cook on a griddle & Crock pot since we have no stove/oven

wearing ~ shorts & tank tops

preparing ~ for another day of digging in deeper with God

continuing ~ to die to "SELF" daily so that I can glorify God more

making ~ new friends from Korea, Brazil, Norway, Finland, Hawaii, England, Australia...

remembering ~ when I thought this day would never come

getting ~ rid of more clothes:) Why did I bring all these?

studying ~ my bible


loving ~  our new "Ohana"{Family} All 1500 + of them

wishing ~ my besties were here to experience this


listening ~ to people worshipping outside my window

enjoying ~ the view from my window

hoping ~ I can speak truth into someones life every day

missing ~ my family & friends

praying ~ for a little more energy and cooler days

knowing ~ God has us exactly where He wants us

Some of my favorite quotes from the speakers we've heard this week:

"Where's the safest place to be in the world? Right where God wants you to be."
 ~ Dan Baumann

"There's no heart too hard for God" ~Dan Baumann

"I'd rather move forward and follow God than stand back with my insecurities" 
 ~Dan Baumann

"He is not our Savior unless He is first our Lord." ~ Fred Markert

The word "GO" is said 6000 times in the bible


No comments:

Post a Comment